Animal Urgent Care
24/7
(760) 738-9600
 
 
Home  |  Helpful Links  |  News
 
 
 
  OUR LOCATION
get directions
  LATEST PHOTOS
 
ANTIFREEZE INGESTION
 
This product is very toxic to both dogs and cats. Given its sweet flavor dogs will lick it off pavement or out of buckets and in small amounts this can result in acute kidney failure. Cats only need to walk through antifreeze and lick it off their paws to be affected. Initial signs that are generally witnessed include drunken like behavior which progresses to marked lethargy and eventually coma. Early treatment is imperative for these animals to survive. Any suspicion that your pet has ingested antifreeze requires immediate medical attention.

Call Your Veterinarian or Animal Urgent Care at (760) 738-9600
North San Diego County’s Choice For 24 Hour Veterinary Emergency And Critical Care
NAVIGATION
MISCELLANEOUS
CONNECT WITH AUC
PHONE:
760.738.9600
ADDRESS:
 
Copyright © Animal Urgent Care 2017 - All rights reserved
Website Design by Scriptable Solutions.