Animal Urgent Care
24/7
(760) 738-9600
 
 
Home  |  Helpful Links  |  News
 
 
 
  OUR LOCATION
get directions
  LATEST PHOTOS
 
GRAPE / RAISIN TOXICITY
 
Although once believed that grapes and raisins were safe and healthy treats for dogs recent reports have indicated that these “treats” can have a harmful and even lethal effect. The specific toxic substance is believed to be in the skin of the grape and in certain dogs ingestion can result in acute kidney failure. According to ASPCA Poison Control, the smallest reported consumed amount to cause symptoms was 0.4 ounces per kilogram of body weight, however there has been a reported case of as few as 7 grapes causing toxic effect. Vomiting and lethargy are the most common symptoms associated with grape/raisin toxicity, however other symptoms can include: anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and either increased or decreased urine production. If your dog gets into grapes, it is best to call your veterinarian or Animal Urgent Care for advice.

Call Your Veterinarian or Animal Urgent Care at (760) 738-9600
North San Diego County’s Choice For 24 Hour Veterinary Emergency And Critical Care
NAVIGATION
MISCELLANEOUS
CONNECT WITH AUC
PHONE:
760.738.9600
ADDRESS:
 
Copyright © Animal Urgent Care 2017 - All rights reserved
Website Design by Scriptable Solutions.